Makes: 8 servings
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups uncooked rolled oats (oatmeal)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 275°.
2. Mix honey, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
3. Stir in oats. Mix well.
4. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet, making a thin layer.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir mixture around well. Return to oven.
6. Bake for 20 more minutes. Remove [again] from oven and stir mixture around well. Return to oven.
7. Bake 5 to 20 more minutes, until granola is golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and break into small pieces with spatula.
9. Cool completely. Store in a covered container.
Credit: USDA Mixing Bowl
» VERY easy to put together. It just takes a while in the oven.
» When returning to the oven for the last time, I left mine in for 30 minutes. The recipe states 5-20 minutes. I like my granola crunchy.
» The taste is not as strong as the amazing scent, but still has a touch of cinnamon and vanilla.
» I mainly used the granola to put on top of Greek yogurt with fruit.
» It is MUCH healthier than store-bought granola (i.e. Nature Valley)
5 out of 5 stars